Gunning London delivered Phase 1 of the external and internal refurbishment of this prestigious, purpose-built Edwardian mansion block, requiring sympathetic repairs in keeping with the age and style of the building.
The works included :
- fully independent access scaffolding
- ‘Repaircare’ resin window repairs and traditional timber repairs
- extensive masonry repairs including renewal of the Portland stone
- balustrades and a complete Doff cleaning of the stone facade
- re-siting of the external parts of the air conditioning system to coordinate
with the roof repairs
- roof repairs using a proprietary ‘Alamasc’ system, incorporating insulation and a 40-year warranty
- extensive new lead-work and cleaning of the existing lead-work
- full redecoration including gold leaf detailing to the balustrades
- internal refurbishment and redecoration of the staircase, bespoke manufactured carpets, wallpaper and paints by Farrow & Ball
A high volume of repairs were delivered within a tight, 20-week programme schedule; detailed surveying and scheduling was undertaken for all repairs.
- A full-time Site Manager was allocated for the entire contract duration to
co-ordinate on site and liaise with building users.
- Short-term flexible programme planning and weekly contract project
meetings ensured maximum accuracy.
- Complex co-ordination of multiple trades was required for efficient
CLIENT – Watts Group plc
PROJECT – External and Internal Refurbishment and Redecoration
DURATION / COMPLETION – 20 weeks / December 2019
CONTRACT VALUE – £916,800
ORGANISATIONS ROLE – Principal Contractor